Safe Sleep Environment
For more information about creating a Safe Sleep Environment, visit
Safe to Sleep.
- Baby should sleep in the same room, next to where parents sleep.
- Baby’s crib should be free of toys, blankets, pillows, crib bumpers, and soft objects.
- Use a firm and flat mattress, covered by a fitted sheet. Baby’s crib should be safety-approved by the CPSC.
- Baby should not sleep in an adult bed, on a couch or chair alone or with another person.
- Remember, to reduce risk of SIDS, baby should sleep on their back. They should wear appropriate sleep clothing such as a wearable blanket or footie pajamas.